Skip to main content

Wangsa Jelita Green Tea Lotion, Rose Body Butter and Sandalwood Beauty Oil Review

First post in 2016! Yay!

Before I start with the review I'm gonna do a background story, so here goes. There was this night where I randomly scrolled through my blog post and found a comment from an actual person. I was surprised because I really thought no one reads my blog except me. I was so happy to know that there's actually someone who enjoyed my writing (at least that's what I thought).

It turned out that the co-founder of a local brand called Wangsa Jelita wanted to chat with me. I looked at the date and bam! it was 4 months ago. I emailed her anyway to say thank you and from there I got offered to try Wangsa Jelita's products. Of course I said yes. I've heard of the brand for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to try because most of my body care products (body butter, lotion, etc) are purchased by my mum.


Yes, the products I'm about to review are sent to me. Meaning, I didn't pay a dime for these products. However, the review will be 100% my own thoughts based on my experience using the products. I'm not going to lie or sugar coat anything. I feel the need to point that out because I'm about to write is basically me craving for Wangsa Jelita's products.



Green Tea Lotion


62,000/250mL

I barely use lotion as I prefer body butter. I picked this one just to have a taste of all Wangsa Jelita's moisturisers. My expectation was low on this green tea lotion. I've always been a fan of green tea and love how they smell. However, whenever I purchase any skin care that says green tea in it, I always get disappointed because the smell turned out nothing like I imagined.

What I love the most about this lotion is that it smells exactly like tea. The scent is light, you could only smell it if you really stick your nose. Once applied, the scent is barely there. Very recommended to those who are sensitive to smell. And to those who prefer sweet strong smell like vanilla, this one might not be enjoyable. It says "apply daily after showers" on the packaging which I never do. I just want my body to be dry right after shower and will get cold and impatient if I have to apply a moisturiser and wait for my body to dry by itself.

No worries, this lotion will be absorbed by your body perfectly even when your skin is dry before applying. This lotion takes less than a minute to be absorbed. It is moisturising and will not feel greasy. The lotion is very lightweight, it's as if I didn't put anything on. Since I'm used to body butter and body oil, I feel like I'm not moisturised enough even though I am. The best time to use it would be on day time because for some people going to uni or work feeling greasy can be bothering.

The packaging itself is pretty simple with a flip flop cap which I appreciate very much. Makes it travel-friendly, no need to worry about spilling it. The price isn't so bad especially since it's made out of natural ingredients. Most of the local brand I know sell their lotions double the price for the same or less amount of product.


Rose Body Butter

78,000/100g

I am truly amazed by this. First of all, the scent is exactly what I was hoping for. A subtle smell that won't pierce through my nose. I can't stand that strong floral smell that some body lotion/butter have. My mum was beside me when I first smelled it and she loves it. Again, it's supposed to be applied right after shower but I just apply it when my skin is dry. The texture itself is a dream. Just look at how smooth it is.


What impressed me the most is how this product doesn't make me feel greasy at all. It feels super light weight, as if I don't have body butter on my body. The body butter I usually use would feel super greasy and heavy (not that I mind). But this one, I'm genuinely impressed. It feels more like a lotion to me with extra moisture.


Once I ordered body butter online and it leaked, making the packaging sticky. This product didn't leak during shipping which means it's pretty safe to be in your bag. If you don't like feeling greasy but still need that extra moisture, go for this. Again, I am truly fascinated on how light weight a body butter can feel. Would definitely purchase the green tea body butter after this runs out.

Sandalwood Beauty Oil

61,000/100mL
Seriously, how does Wangsa Jelita make their products feel so lightweight? I applied it and since it's a body oil it felt greasy at first. The greasy feeling will be gone in 5-10 minutes. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. But then again, if you put the oil too much of course it will feel greasy. Even the body butter I usually use feels thicker on the skin than this! This body oil is the most moisturising out of all the products above.

Not only it is moisturising, you can also use it for other things such as massage oil or removing waterproof make-up. Haven't tried it myself though. I notice the oil is more watery than the other body oil I own. The packaging is a see-through with a spray cap. Very travel friendly, it won't leak with that kind of cap.

Sandalwood attracts me the second most after almond. If I did choose the almond beauty oil, I won't have the other two products to review. The smell is pretty strong, which I normally don't like. I like this one though. It probably because even though the scent is strong, it comes naturally from essential oil and not fragrance. It's hard for me to describe a smell, it has that woodsy and relaxing aroma.

Overall, I love Wangsa Jelita's products. Since their body lotion/butter/scrub only consist of 2 variants (green tea and rose), I would love for them to make another scent. Would definitely purchase the beauty oil - olio (contains all 5 of the beauty oils in mini size) once my sandalwood beauty oil runs out. If you use bar soap, check out their bar soaps. They have a wide variety of it. I really wish Wangsa Jelita would make a liquid soap in the future.

Find them here
Thanks for reading!

Love,
AL

Comments

Nadya Saib said…
Thank you so much Alliyya!

Well noted on the liquid soap (as a matter of fact, it's been a few years since my team first tried to find the best formulation.) Fingers crossed it will be launched soon.

Hope to meet you in person sometime :-)

- N, another Cheetos fan
Alliyya said…
Can't wait for the liquid soap. Hopefully this year O:)

Would love to meet you in person :-)

♡♡♡♡

Popular posts from this blog

ROLLOVER REACTION NEW SHADES REVIEW + SWATCHES

Untuk pertama kalinya saya, aku, gue.. enaknya apa ya. Saya terlalu formal, gue terlalu informal, jadi aku aja kali ya. Untuk pertama kalinya aku akan nulis blog post dengan bahasa Indonesia. Mungkin seterusnya setiap aku review produk lokal aku akan memakai bahasa Indonesia yang tidak sesuai dengan kaidah yang baik dan benar. Beberapa bulan terakhir aku lebih tertarik dengan lipstick lokal dibanding lipstick brand luar. Wish list udah panjang karena tahun ini banyak banget brand lokal yang ngeluarin liquid lipstick. Rollover Reaction sudah ada sejak bulan Maret tahun ini, tapi baru kesampean nyoba bulan lalu meskipun dari awal keluar udah naksir. Baru-baru ini RR release 3 shades baru yang bertema 90's. Karena lagi cinta dengan lipstick bernuansa coklat, langsung deh spontan ambil semuanya. Packaging Cinta banget sama liquid lipstick yang packagingnya persegi. Lipsticknya dikemas dalam frosted glass dengan doe-foot applicator dan cap hitam. Designnya simple (both box dan

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes FAKE vs REAL

I recently fell in love with The Balm's products especially their liquid lipstick, Meet Matte Hughes. Quick review, it's one of the best liquid lipsticks out there. I love liquid lipsticks that have mousse-y texture and doesn't suck the moisture out of my lips. Although it doesn't last as long as some liquid lipsticks I own, it's very comfortable on the lips. The only problem I have is that a lot of online shops sell fake products and claim it as original products. Me being reckless, I fell in the trap and got myself a fake lipstick. This writing is meant to show the difference between the fake and the real Meet Matte Hughes, and to share some tips based on personal experience on how to avoid getting fake products. During the holiday I purchased The Balm Committed in an online shop on Instagram (IG: cathydolla now seoulshopping - this online shop changed their name 3 times since I purchased the fake lipstick ). I've been eyeing on Committed and Adoring and dec

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Review + Swatches

One of the comfiest liquid lipsticks I have ever tried. Period. I first stumbled upon this lipstick months ago. The first Meet Matt(e) Hughes I purchased was the shade Charming. At first I wasn't really into it so I decided to give it away. It wasn't until last month-when I laid my eyes on the newer shades-that I realised how much I love this liquid lipstick.  Packaging The Balm's products have the best packaging. How can you stay away from the eye-catching, Retro packaging. Plus, they all have cute names. The picture of Matt and his date is too cute. The tube itself is transparent with a doe foot applicator. The only con of this lipstick would be messy, look at the wand below. Although I never experience it, some people complain that the products would leak out of the tube. Texture It has a creamy texture which I really like. I prefer a mousse-y formula as it doesn't dry out your lips. Even though it doesn't feel as dry as say Colourpop, you still